Sunday, June 13, 2010

Notes from the Dressing Room- Blommingdale's

With no must-see tv happening on Friday (I miss you Stacey and Clinton), I took a trip out to Bloomies after work. I was on a mission to find some new sunglasses (Ray-bans) and a gift, but of course got a little side-tracked.


Joie tank, available here in a shirt version


I don't think boyfriend jeans are for me. I feel like such an oompa-loompa. Maybe it would help if I wore some heels, but until I get a chauffeur, I can only do that occasionally. My commute involves too much walking.

Close up of tank prints. It's a safari on your chest!



Theory shorts below available here in black (which doesn't look so bad, but maybe that's because the model has legs a million miles long)


Tried on with James Perse orange tee, available here



I don't know what compelled me to try these suckers on, but the thought of throwing on an item and heading straight out the door is so appealing. What isn't appealing are these sweatshorts. Hey, it's a game of trial and error. Nobody said fashion is always pretty.


Vince, Paper Leather Drape Neck Jacket, $995, available here

There is nothing better than a hot leather jacket. However lovely this jacket would be in my wardrobe, I just can't swallow that price tag. I swear leather jackets didn't use to be this expensive. Of course the selection wasn't as wide and fashionable, but still. I'm starting to feel old when I can say remember when.


Similar skirt in white available here





I have to ask the dreaded question, does this make my as* look big? Extremely cute Aqua skirt, but that's not where I want to add any extra oomph.


Rebecca Taylor, Day-to-Date Dress, $295, dress here in purple




I absolutely love this! I'm not quite sure about the day part of this dress, but this would be perfect for a flirty date night that involves cocktails and dancing. It's a beautiful color, it has a drawstring waist and it is not obscenely short.


I wasn't in love with anything I tried on so all of these items stayed in the store, but that Rebecca Taylor dress is on my wish list for sure.



Bloomingdale's is having a sale starting tomorrow, so I'm sure you ladies out there can find something pretty for a bargain. Click here to shop.

6 comments:

  1. That white leather jacket is HOT. I just avoid going to Bloomingdale's altogether because I can't restrain myself from buying things there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leather jacket too. It has all kinds of interesting details. I just wish the price didn't make my wallet so sad, lol.
    I definitely have a couple of stores that I try to stay out of because temptation pops up at every rack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree, that leather jacket is gorgeous! I admire your will power in walking away from it, I probably would have spent an hour in the dressing room trying to rationalize the price, then walked out of the store either a). broke (with the jacket), or b). in tears (without it).

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, it also helps that while I was in the dressing room, the store closed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree, that leather jacket is gorgeous! I admire your will power in walking away from it, I probably would have spent an hour in the dressing room trying to rationalize the price, then walked out of the store either a). broke (with the jacket), or b). in tears (without it).

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. That white leather jacket is HOT. I just avoid going to Bloomingdale's altogether because I can't restrain myself from buying things there!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover