Monday, July 12, 2010

Notes from the Dressing Room- Thumbs Up in Anthro

I had a bit of free time on Saturday and decided to pop into Anthropologie. This was a relatively new Anthro store, so I had never been there before and was extremely happy to see that it was pretty expansive (my only complaint is no shoe selection). I wanted to try on every piece in the store, but I restrained myself to try on just a few items.


Odille, Friendly Competition Top, $39.95


I found this on the sale rack and absolutely love it!!! The material is soft and flows nicely. The ruffles add such a feminine touch, I felt so girly in the dressing room almost to the point where I wanted to curtsy. Does anyone else get giddy in the dressing room and twirl around? This top runs a bit big, so I could probably size down and it comes in different colors too. My store only had this one green and several in blue.


Big thumbs up on this one too, I felt so chic in this. Reviews were complaining about the sheerness of this colorway, but I didn't think it was too big a problem. Looking back at this picture, however, I can see the outline of the pockets. I would still get it though because I think it is too cute to pass up. Also available in blue/ivory.

We Love Vera, Rochelle Blouse, $88

Again, a lovely blouse. This would be perfect for work and with a pencil skirt. There is some pleating action going on at the sleeve, but it isn't overwhelming. Big shoulders on things is something I definitely have to be careful of since I have broad shoulders. It's much more flattering if I don't look so much like a linebacker. :)


Little Yellow Button, Pencil Eraser Dress, $118

This dress is the perfect throw on piece and very flattering on the body. My only issues were the armholes are on the long side and so is the length. This could stand to be shortened a bit. Also comes in a muted olive green shade.



Fleur Wood, Discovered Lace Dress, $158

This was the only item that I wasn't too thrilled with. I love the lace detail, but it doesn't have any shape or oomph to it. I suppose a belt could help this out some, but I didn't test out that theory. Perhaps, they should have made this a top instead of a dress.

Despite my love for several things, I walked out the store with no bag swinging from my arm. I did stop at one of my favorite consignment shops and bought a pair of caramel colored wedge boots (I'm skipping ahead, summer and I are no longer friends). I've been thinking about that first blouse and the cardigan, so I may have to run back to Anthro to get them. And then they will come out with some new cute items and I'll have to add those to the list; that store loves to taunt me all the time.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Love the first top and that color looks great on you.
    The cardigan is so classy, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela you look great in the Annika cardigan! I think the Rochelle blouse is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look very very pretty in all tops...great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pics.

    And girl, try out the sewing. I only took one sewing class to learn basic construction and then it was all just trial and error from there. Here's a tip to getting hems straight - iron it down before you sew and then don't use the foot petal when you sew it. I do them manually by tunring the wheel. It takes a minute longer, but they come out straight everytime. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh loving the first top on you! the color is perfect! xo

    www.andeelayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you try throwing a belt over the grey lace dress? I think belts fix most things :)

    www.anjeweluniversal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pics.

    And girl, try out the sewing. I only took one sewing class to learn basic construction and then it was all just trial and error from there. Here's a tip to getting hems straight - iron it down before you sew and then don't use the foot petal when you sew it. I do them manually by tunring the wheel. It takes a minute longer, but they come out straight everytime. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh loving the first top on you! the color is perfect! xo

    www.andeelayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover