Sunday, January 2, 2011

Keeping Resolutions- Stylin' in 2011

Happy New Years guys!!! I hope you are recuperating from your celebrations to get the first "real" day of the year started right. :)

Are you the type to make resolutions for the year? I'm of the camp that resolutions are usually made to be broken months after making them and that there is no reason to wait until the change of the calendar year to make a list of goals. Regardless, I managed to cross some items off my goal list last year (start a blog, use my camera, go on a vacation), so I'm going to give it a try again this year. Perhaps this will even be the year that I see the inside of the gym on a regular basis.

I just wanted to share with you some of my fashion/style resolutions of 2011:

  • Embrace my inner Jersey Girl
I have a friend from N.J. who hasn't meet a sparkle or shimmer she couldn't resist. I want to introduce a little glamour and girly-ness to my everyday wardrobe. Maybe I should start wearing a tiara. Do you think I would get strange looks on the subway??





 

  • Make sleepy time a little bit sexier
There is nothing more comfy than sleeping in a t-shirt and sleep pants and if the occasions calls for a little raciness, well that's pretty easy to find within the walls of a Victoria's Secret. For a regular old night headed off to sleep, why not slip on something a bit more special than that old college tee?

(available here)



(available here)


  • Make friends with prints and patterns
I love a fun print, but a peek in my closet wouldn't reveal that fact and mixing patterns kind of scares me. I'm determined to add a little more pieces with visual interest and hopefully, I can create an outfit that doesn't make me look like I got dressed in the dark.






(available here)


  • Go Niecy Nash on my closet

(Not my real closet, but you get the picture)

Although my closet is far from Hoarders territory, there is a definite need for some organization. With shoes hiding in the corner, handbags smooshed all together and some clothing disappearing on the floor, I need to have some level of order in my closet. Maybe, it could even look like this one day:



  • Start a Chanel fund
Very few handbags are as classic as a Chanel and it would be the ultimate handbag for my collection. I was supposed to start a "Chanel before I'm 30" fund, but let's just say that never happened like I planned. I'm thinking if I save some pennies now, I can get one by the time I'm 80. Fingers crossed!!

(source)

So dish. What are your resolutions for this year? What do you want to try out style-wise?



3 comments:

  1. Great resolutions! I need to start up a Chanel fund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second closet is beautiful! I'd love to have something like that. Unfortunately, mine looks like it's on hoarders too lol. I got my first Chanel when I was 28. I was really diligent about not spending on clothes and it finally paid off! Once you get your first, you'll definitely want to add more to your collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second closet is beautiful! I'd love to have something like that. Unfortunately, mine looks like it's on hoarders too lol. I got my first Chanel when I was 28. I was really diligent about not spending on clothes and it finally paid off! Once you get your first, you'll definitely want to add more to your collection :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover