Wednesday, February 2, 2011

OOTD-Another Bad Creation







I was all excited that I took a shower the night before and had extra time in the morning. Little did I know, having my outfit ready is a more essential key to getting out and having my butt at work on time. After pulling out a million things from the closet, consulting my Stylit and continuing the debate as to whether I should keep this black jacket (I have the exact same one in blue, see post here); I finally produced a hodge-podge of an outfit. I didn't think it was that bad of a creation, but next time I know that maybe I should both shower and pick out an outfit before going to bed. Otherwise, that snooze button will be always be the morning enemy.

Have you ever created an outfit out of thin air and desperation to get going and ended up really liking it?


Outfit Details:
Black/white dress- Express (thrifted)
Sheer gray turtleneck- Banana Republic (consignment find)
Black knit sweater jacket- J. Crew (consignment find)
Black patent bow belt- no label (consignment find)
Black bag- Foley + Corinna City Tote
Green boots- See by Chloe
Gray hat- Forever 21
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, it's one of my favs. on you!

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! This is layering done right! I'm going to take another look at my closet for layering options. My look "Out For The Count" was a quick last-minute look that I ended up loving.

    thekimmiechronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way with outfits although I've partially solved my problem... as I fall asleep the night before I think about what I want to wear. About 60% of the time I am up, showed and dressed, with a few snooze hits in there. The balance of the time the outfit I imagined in my head looks horrific in the morning light so I have to start from scratch. Those are the days I roll into work at 9:05, lol. I think you're outfit is great - doesn't look like a morning rush at all!

    amileinfabheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, this totally works! I was thinking to msyelf, "I am loving this new edgy persona that she's been rocking lately."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit, it's one of my favs. on you!

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover