Sunday, February 6, 2011

OOTD- Going Super Duper High






I'm ages behind on the over-the-knee boot trend, but when there are concerns about venturing in Pretty Woman territory; I had to make sure this would be a lasting and appropriate purchase. I feel in love with these boots after spotting them on Noel from The Owls Are Not What They Seem. I peeked in LOFT one day at lunch and there they were, just waiting for me at a fantastic price. They make me feel super fly and not at all like a high price call girl waiting for Richard Gere to whisk her away in a limo to live happily ever after. Imagine that!!

What's your take on otk boots? Do you have a pair in your closet?


Outfit Details:
Blue blazer- Ralph Ralph Lauren (secondhand)
Printed dress- Rachel Rachel Roy
Pink studded belt- Matthew Williamson for H&M
Tan boots- LOFT
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I love this look! I don't own a pair for fear of the Pretty Woman vibe I might get. Also, I live in FL, so it would look a bit strange to wear otk boots when it's barely below 70 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this outfit!!

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - You look great! I have a pair of black suede over-the-knee boots I've had forever, but just recently put them back in circulation with dresses and skirts. I'm surprised to hear AT would have such sharp fashion:)...and in store!?, who knew?! I'm in the dc area too. Awesome blog!!! And I think you just may have helped me find the solution to how to wear this long sleeve pattern jersey dress I got from Benneton last year. I'm going to try it w/the jc navy schoolboy blazer with some frye boots that are similar to yours in color. They're just knee hi boots but the dress is a little longer so I'm hoping it works. Thanks for the idea, I was tossing and turning all night trying to figure out how to put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!!!

    @ Kimmie- Although I love my boots, I'd rather have the warm weather so enjoy it!!! I think flat otk boots greatly reduce the Pretty Woman vibe. :)

    @Ms. Jackson- I was surprised that these were LOFT boots too. I read the outfit details, saw that and said to myself, "not that LOFT, for real?". :)
    I am so glad that you got some inspiration from my pic. I think tan boots paired with a navy blazer or top is such a classic and sophisticated combo. I would love to see a pic of your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, you found a great pair of OTK boots. Those are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit and the boots & blazer are super fab:-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover