Thursday, June 30, 2011

OOTD- Day to Night in Stripes

One important element in packing light, is maximizing the items you do take with you. I had to make sure all of my outfits could fit several occasions with just a few quick changes. So once I pried myself away from that cool breeze and the relaxing sounds of the waves:


I took this outfit perfect for taking a stroll to the mall for a little browsing (okay, maybe a little bit of shopping too) and lunch:



and very easily turned it into an outfit befitting of a late night sushi dinner and cocktails. All I needed were some different shoes and a clutch:



Multi-tasking outfits might not be so hard to tackle!!

Are you an over-packer or usually take just enough?


Outfit Details:
Square half-tint sunglasses- House of Harlow "Charlotte" (available here)
Striped sheer blouse- Equipment (available in medium here)
Red ankle pants- Forever 21 (similar here, here, and here)
Black sandals- LOFT (available here)
Taupe quilted bucket bag- vintage
Silver open-toe wedges- Michael Michael Kors (similar here on sale, cute alternative with a bow here, lower wedge alternative here)
Black/red zipper clutch- Curly in the City (check Etsy shop for restock)

12 comments:

  1. So jealous! I wish I was on that beach reading a mag!!! Ahhhh, looks so refreshing and the beach is lovely!!! I love how you changed this outfit from day to night. Great job!!! I'm such an overpacking...packing is not my strong point... I hate doing it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice outfit!
    what lipstick are you wearing?love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Charee- I try to plan outfits, but you should have seen how stuffed that luggage was, lol.

    @Ina- Thanks!! And I'm wearing Tom Ford in Cherry Lush. It's pricey, but very much a true red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeee I am loving your blouse. I caved and bought Equipment awhile back. The fit and fabric is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Linda- I couldn't resist this top, but kind of wish I hadn't because now I want more Equipment blouses in my closet. I tried one on at the mall and really wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had an amazing time. Love the blouse.

    Usually I'm an over-packer but with the upcoming trip in October I'll be planning my daily outfits way ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Angela Shopbop is selling the newest releases-- there's one with navy blue and white stripes, and one with anchors printed on it! They are taunting us this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh love the Equipment blouse on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Angela Shopbop is selling the newest releases-- there's one with navy blue and white stripes, and one with anchors printed on it! They are taunting us this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had an amazing time. Love the blouse.

    Usually I'm an over-packer but with the upcoming trip in October I'll be planning my daily outfits way ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeeee I am loving your blouse. I caved and bought Equipment awhile back. The fit and fabric is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Linda- I couldn't resist this top, but kind of wish I hadn't because now I want more Equipment blouses in my closet. I tried one on at the mall and really wanted it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover