Monday, June 20, 2011

OOTD-What Can Brown Do For You?






When I was a teenager, black was probably my favorite color to wear. I wasn't a goth kid or anything, but my mother couldn't stand that this was my preferred color palette; however what could you expect from a yellow and orange lover? But just as the seasons change, you can be sure taste changes which is how I've embraced so much color into my wardrobe and even wear things like brown.

To keep from looking like a big block of blah, I added just a bit of interest with this statement of a necklace and one of my fancy purses. When I was 29, I was determined to have a Chanel purse by my 30th bday, but that wasn't really going to happen when I wasn't saving up for it. What was I thinking? But lo and behold, I took a trip to my favorite consignment shop one weekend and what did I spy on the shelves. A Chanel!!!! Granted it was sadly thrown around by its previous owner and needed a good cleaning, but at the price it was, I couldn't let it go. We only go out on the rare occasion, but she sure is a lot of fun!

Is there any item on your fashion bucket list??? 


Outfit Details:
Tan wrap top- Velvet (similar here in short-sleeve)
Brown shorts- Land's End (thrifted) (similar here on sale and in other colors)
Tan boat shoes- Target (similar here; these are the most comfortable shoes ever!!!)
White printed belt- J Crew (similar here)
Shield necklace- Forever 21 (available here)
Pink handbag- Chanel (rent similar here at BBOS, similar style here in tan, similar here in faux leather)

11 comments:

  1. Love this outfit, looks great on you! The lenght of those shorts is perfect.
    I bought a pair at F21 couple weeks ago (bright yellow) but realized they were too tight and little too short..not a good combo at all. So they had to go back.

    I've never seen those boat shoes at my local Taret...LOVE those. I'm going to see if they have them online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that purse is such a statement! i'm totally indulging in this outfit. :)

    kimchi girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop the insanity.

    Chanel at the consignment. OH yeah you couldn't leave that baby behind!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need those shoes and I love the whole outfit!

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, but this look doesn't really work for your body

    ReplyDelete
  6. the belt is a nice touch :)

    i'm trying to think, but there seems to be nothing on my fashion bucket list. i guess it's b/c i'm a broke grad student so i know better than to dream big at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a deal!!! Loving the boat shoes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a find! How lucky to find a Chanel bag! It was fate and it wanted you to wear it with this outfit! I love that the belt gives the outfit a bright pop and also ties in with the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the belt is a nice touch :)

    i'm trying to think, but there seems to be nothing on my fashion bucket list. i guess it's b/c i'm a broke grad student so i know better than to dream big at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover