Monday, February 6, 2012

OOTD- Pencil Me In, Just Because

I've decided to sanction this pencil skirt week. Why do you ask? Why not!!?? Whenever I open my closet, my eyes are assaulted by all of the skirts that I have and don't wear enough. So, in favor of the flouncy skirts that I'm enamored with these days, I'm going full-force with the pencil skirt. Even better that Refinery 29 decided to showcase how to rock a pencil skirt on their blog today. I am all set to give them a run for their money, so let's get started with Monday's look:





I went all out with color today, check back to see something different tomorrow!!

What's your favorite type of skirt? Pencil, full, maxi, mini, pleated??

Outfit Details:
Blue cardigan and anchor belt- Madewell (belt available here)
Colorful dress as top- Rachel Rachel Roy (pretty top with a similar vibe here)
Pencil skirt and pumps- J. Crew (skirts in the same color here and here, same skirt in other colors here) (similar shoe herehere in peep-toe) 
Handbag- Marc by Marc Jacobs Nylon Natasha (available here in other colors)

8 comments:

  1. Your colors make my heart happy. :) I love you in purples and pinks, too! As for my favorite skirt -- I love them all! Mini, pencil, full, maxi... And though I love pleated ones too, they don't love me back. I somehow always look so weird in pleated skirts, whether they're "schoolgirl" pleats or knife pleats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo i love the sun light in the 2nd picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you keep your pencil skirt from riding up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really have too much of that problem if the skirt is lined. Sometimes it happens when I wear tights with skirts and unfortunately I don't have much of a solution beyond wearing a slip or having a barrier in between my skin and my skirt (usually by wearing something like these Spanx shorts: http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3983613&cp=2992553.4033382&parentPage=family )
    Hope that helps a little!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how much you love your skirts!! And I love that my colors make you happy (they make me happy too). :)
    Pleats are a tricky one although I'm sure you don't look weird in them missy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm trying to get my "photographer" to be a little more artsy with my pics, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This helps. I'll purchase a slip that should do the trick..Do they make slips anymore? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are definitely difficult to find these days. I would check TJMaxx/Marshall's, Spanx has one and I'm pretty sure I've seen slips on Gap's website.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover