Tuesday, April 24, 2012

OOTD- All In the Family





I don't know if I should admit this, but I read Teen Vogue despite being out of my teens for about (oh, let's not calculate the real amount) what feels like a million years ago. But I can rarely afford what's in the grown-up version of Vogue, so the teen version offers some things that are a bit more attainable (sometimes) to my paycheck. There was an editorial in it months ago that I still remember to this day and tore out as inspiration of a model wearing an outfit with all shades of purple. Although, I'm not the matchy-matchy type, I got dressed with shades of purple and pink in my mind and created an outfit that I really like. Now, I'm not ready for shoes, bag and make-up to match, but baby steps are sometimes necessary when trying out something new. Hey, I took a step further...my toenails are pink!!! 

Do you still read teen magazines as a bona fide adult? Oh, and since I'm confessing, I still flip through Seventeen magazine too.

Outfit Details:
Gray polka dot cardigan- Old Navy (cute alternative here, chambray alternative here, alternative top version here, cool tee alternative here)
Lilac scoopneck tee and pencil skirt in bright dahlia- J. Crew (similar tee available here) (similar color skirt in  knit jersey here, warmer weather version of skirt in lots of other fun colors here)
Black double-buckle belt- Target (similar belt here)
White handbag- Forever 21 (similar here and designer version here)
Black laced wedges- Chinese Laundry "Dantie" (taupe version in limited sizes on sale here, limited sizes in black here, similar shoe in black available here)

8 comments:

  1. lol, i must admit. i do still skim teens magazines sometimes...i feel like you; some of their items are more attainable. so you're not alone, lol!

    i love your look; GREAT color skirt and i'm really feeling the shoes! i LOVE them!

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these heels! Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I used to get Teen Vogue - you can thank a free sub from a F21 purchase for that. That should tell you what F21's demographic is and I'm still shopping there, haha!

    Love the purply hues - and those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit - I am really into purple pencil skirts right now. Those shoes give it just the right amount of edge/sex appeal too!

    Sarah
    sarahsavvystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might to steal those shoes girl. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your mix of pink, purple, grey, and white. You look quite ladylike!

    I read Teen Vogue all the time in college, mostly for the clothes, but also because it easily fits into a purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NaturallyFashionableApril 25, 2012 at 8:40 AM

    I just adore your style so chic and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes honey...you know I wanna snatch em right off your feet!

    ...and yes, Teen Vogue rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover