Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Notes from the Dressing Room- Fall Into Gap

Do you guys remember when fall into the Gap was their advertising campaign? Do you remember the swing dancers in their commercials? Those were some fun advertisement days. So, I don't know when it happened, but Gap has been doing some pretty nice things for fall recently. I got an email from them a few weeks ago with really cute outfits so I decided to take a look-see at the website. Color me surprised when I spied many items that I wanted to add to my cart. And so I did! Here are two reviews of new items that seem to be quite popular. Get them while you can!!

Fitted Boyfriend Popover Shirt in Elephant Print, $49.95, available here






I've been wanting more prints and I definitely don't mind kitchsy so when I saw these popovers in an owl, horse and elephant print, I couldn't resist. The elephant won over for the color combo (and the fact that it reminded me of a J.Crew top that I thought about buying, but didn't) and I love it. I ordered my normal size and although it is a bit roomy, I wouldn't necessarily size down. It still has some shape, I can wear it out or tucked in and I took this pic to show it with the sleeves up and down to demonstrate that both ways could work. The cotton feels nice, there is hardly any button gaping and my shoulders didn't feel constricted. Overall, this gets a big thumbs up from me. The red owl print seems to be sold out and the elephant print seems to be sold out in the regular sizes but not tall or petites. You can't go wrong with this popover, so any print would be great.



Piped Academy Blazer in Vamp Red, $88.00, available here




I've been formulating my fall wishlist and burgundy/wine anything is at the top, so when I saw this blazer, I had to give it a try. It was a close call though between the burgundy and fuchsia color. I should note that the regular in my size wasn't available so I went with petite and I also went a size up. Although it is a bit short length wise on me, this blazer is great. It's made of a stretchy knit material that has give and feels soft. The color is fabulous, deep and rich with just a hint of redness. The piping isn't distracting but adds an element of interest. The shoulders and back didn't feel tight. This comes in several colors (although the burgundy is only available in tall now) so there's something for everyone. Overall, a great blazer and I noticed it in two different magazines (O and Teen Vogue) since I bought it, so this is sure to get some attention.

What do you think about Gap's fall offerings? Are there any items on your wishlist? They have a pretty tempting collection of colored pants and jeans. That might be next on my to buy list.

10 comments:

  1. I saw that top for the first time online last night, when I was checking out their colored khakis. I think the big item (as of today) for me for fall is a pair of kelly green ankle-length skinnies, but I can't figure out if I want khakis or jeans yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, khakis or jeans? Khakis would be better for work, but I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either. It all depends on the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been one for animal or whimsical prints-but this blouse is very cute. You look great in your new pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. phiphi @ phiphisblog.comAugust 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM

    i saw those shirts in the store on the weekend but the kids were starting to lose their patience. i will definitely go back to check them out - you look adorable in both pieces! xox P


    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that outfit is super cute...I love the print on that shirt...and the blazer is a must have for fall...thank you!
    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both that top and the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally remember that campaign! I was working at the Gap at that time :) I haven't been in there in forever cuz it has seemed so blah lately. I love this printed blouse - it looks fab with those bright blue jeans!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog dear.
    Check out this lovely giveaway on my blog:http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/2012/08/seven45-giveaway.htmlxo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, found you via Google search and love your blog! I got this elephant popover and love it. Wearing it this week now that the weather temp has cooled down a bit.


    Meggy from Chasing Davies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post and LOVE that blazer! I was lucky enough to snag one on a popback the other day!

    http://what-i-bought-today-tc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover