Monday, June 28, 2010

Outfit of the Day- Stripes Up Stripes Down

So begins another work week, but we do have one thing to look forward to, a holiday weekend with its own soundtrack (ridiculously loud fireworks)and yummy food.

I'm not one for mixing patterns, but today I took a baby toe dip into the trend and wore stripes on the top and bottom. My pants have a very subtle white stripe running down, but from far away they can look like regular old blue pants. I didn't go too crazy with mixing because I wanted to let the focus remain on top. I found this cardigan at Walmart for $14! Now I usually can't stand going into Walmart. The store is always crowded, I wait in line for what seems like forever, and the clothing selection doesn't compare to say, Target (I love you Tar-jay!); but I'm an equal opportunity bargain shopper. I know deals are to be had around any and every corner. This soft little number should serve its purpose until it disintegrates in the wash. Let's hope it waits at least 6 months (fingers crossed).






Outfit Details:
Brown/white cardigan- Walmart
Purple cami (underneath)- Hanky Panky
Blue/white stripe pants- J Crew outlet
Tan woven sandals- Belle by Sigerson Morrison
Purple handbag- Rebecca Minkoff Mini Matinee
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love that cardigan - I was just thinking the other day that I don't have enough brown in my wardrobe. I usually gravitate more towards black clothing, but I think brown is just as good as a neutral. I'll need to remind myself of this next time I go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lot of brown either, so I thought I should try this one out. They also had this pattern with a pinky red color and another similar cardigan in black/white. I like this one, you should definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cardigan..and I love your purse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute outfit love it!

    True Queen

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover