Friday, July 2, 2010

Outfit of the Day- A Day of Birthdays, Cake, and Bracelets

Yesterday, I took the day off from work, partly because I knew it would be full of things to do. July 1st is both my brother's and my boyfriend's birthday, plus my father's is at the end of the month. There's lots of celebrating and gifts going on in this summer month.
In the morning, I indulged my man's sweet tooth by taking him someplace that's designed for the breakfast of kids and adults all over the country:





Yum-tastic cereal made with whatever you like!

I opted for oatmeal (bananas, cinnamon, and other stuff)
I'm not the biggest fan of cereal, unless its loaded with sugar and chocolate.

He had a smores mix with cocoa pebbles, marshmallows, and lots of chocolate.

I was feeling a bit retro and decided to put on my wide-leg jeans. A nice tan belt, platform shoes and button up shirt could have taken me all the way back to the 70's. I went for the trend du jour instead and pulled out the stripes.




This is my wanna-be-Chanel purse. I scored this for $7 at the thrift store.


Loaded up the arm with bracelets!

For the evening, I headed out with my mother, sister-in-law, and the other birthday boy in my life to dinner. We went to a restaurant that has American inspired dishes that are designed to include fresh and organic food. I did a wardrobe change into something comfy and casual, but still cute and appropriate for a night out. I indulged in some fried green tomatoes, pot roast and topped it off with red velvet cake and ice cream (my absolute favorite).









Loaded up the arm again, but this time included my new bracelet from F21. I love it! It has been dubbed the kissing giraffes or zebras or whatever they are.


Outfit Details:

Morning
Grey/white striped tee- J Crew
Chain necklace- Hollywood Intuition for Target
Jeans- Joe's Jeans Wide Leg Provocateur (via Shopbop)
Black quilted bag- thrifted
Bracelets- Accessories & Beyond (gold band), Hollywood Intution for Target (studded), J Crew (braided)

Evening
White tee- J Crew
Grey skirt- Gap
Tangerine bag- Rebecca Minkoff MAM
Black sandals- Zara
Bracelets- Hollywood Intuition for Target (black and orange studded), giraffe (Forever 21)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover