Thursday, September 23, 2010

Outfit of the Day- Silk Suit

In an attempt to get out of the house earlier in the mornings, I've been trying to figure out what I want to wear the night before. This skirt is way too fun and has been cooped up in my closet for some time and this blazer is part of a suit that hasn't seen the light of day since my days of going on interviews. I added a little black (so I could wear this cute little bag) a little white and off I went. I'm not sure the end result was quite as I had pictured, but experimenting is part of the fun of fashion. In the end, I probably saved 5 minutes in the morning, which still isn't enough time to run to Starbucks, but I'm taking baby steps here people. Next time, 10 minutes is the goal and then hopefully by next year, I'll be beating the boss in to the office (but I'm not holding my breath on that one).  :)


This skirt is not as bright as it appears, don't adjust your monitor!!


Excuse the goofy face above, but I was in the middle of a tap dancing routine.






Do you ever think of an outfit in your head and the "real" version turns out not quite what you pictured?

Outfit Details:
Gray pinstripe blazer- Ann Taylor
White tank- James Perse
Pink pleated silk skirt- J Crew (similar, pricier but similar)
Black pumps- Taryn by Taryn Rose
Black Handbag- Rebecca Minkoff Boyfriend Crossbody (available here)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous! I love the blazer paired with that feminine skirt! and love your bag, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color of your skirt is simply beautiful! I also love the detailing on your bag!

    www.fashionablyblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's like the perfect boyfriend blazer! Glad you paired it with this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit, love that skirt and the handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look gorgeous! I love the blazer paired with that feminine skirt! and love your bag, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover