Thursday, December 2, 2010

Checking of Your Xmas List- Present in a Pretty Box

Finished your Christmas shopping yet or do you have no clue what to get and will probably spend Christmas Eve in a herd of shoppers trying to snatch up the last spinning toothbrush. :)  There are plenty of gift lists out there, so instead of suggesting another pair of gloves, electronic gadget or pajama set (nothing against those though if your recipient wants or needs them), I wanted to give you some ideas that are just a bit different. First up.......

Have you guys heard of JewelMint yet? The brainchild of Kate Bosworth and her friend/stylist Cher Coulter has been getting lots of press lately including a Rachel Zoe mention in her e-newsletter and blurbs in People Stylewatch and Instyle magazines. It's kind of like Columbia House (tell me I wasn't the only one who got a rack of cds from them ages ago) where there is a selection of jewelry you get to choose from and pay just $29.99 each month for a little piece of lovely. If you choose not to pick anything for the month, they won't charge you anything.

As much as I would love lots of Chanel, Hermes, and David Yurman in my jewelry box, I am perfectly happy with getting fun little pieces from Forever 21. But when a lot of stuff starts turning different colors or the "gold" flakes off, I've reached the point when I want to upgrade a bit. I still don't need the fancy jewelry, but decided to give Jewel Mint a try last month to add some different pieces in my collection and not spend an arm, leg, and left pink toe to buy.

Jewelry ranges from simple to ornate pieces, silver and gold; there's bound to be something for everyone. Since they offer gift cards, it could make a wonderful gift for a jewelry lover or fashionista on your list. Or you could be naughty and gift it to yourself!!

Piet Necklace (seen in this post)


My first piece was this gold necklace with leather inset shapes. It arrived in a timely manner, wrapped in a nice box and I love it. Something simple, but still fun to throw on with a tee or simple dress. Time will only tell whether this ends up a different color, but fingers crossed it holds up.


Current Selections:

Aqua Bomb Ring

Lapis Necklace

Very Audrey Earrings

Gehry Cuff

Casati Necklace

Interested? Check out the website here.

Disclaimer: JewelMint did not pay me to advertise their product, I am just a regular gal who actually used the service and wanted to share. If you want to be super awesome and decide to take advantage of this offer, send me an email for a personal invitation. Happy shopping!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I remember Columbia House! Do tell how the pieces from JewelMint hold up, because the ones you listed look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ring is popular!! I was going back and forth between the ring and a bracelet. I'll have to reveal what I got when it makes its way to me soon.

    I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these pieces to see how they hold up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ring is popular!! I was going back and forth between the ring and a bracelet. I'll have to reveal what I got when it makes its way to me soon.

    I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these pieces to see how they hold up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover