Thursday, December 16, 2010

OOTD- It's A Mod, Mod World

I woke up yesterday with no clue as to what I felt like wearing. Even though the weather was cold, I didn't want to sacrifice looking somewhat cute. I flipped through my Lucky book (The Lucky Guide To Mastering Any Style) and was drawn to the Mod section. It made me wish I had a pair of red pants in my wardrobe and question whether I need another skirt. But it did inspire me to finally break out this striped dress that has been sadly sitting in a bag for almost a month. I slipped on some tights and a pair of boots and I was ready to go. I felt like a pop of color was missing, so I decided a red lip should be in order (unfortunately, it was long gone by the end of the day when I took these pics). It was getting dressed in a flash at its finest.

Lucky magazine has always been one of my favorite sources for inspiration and their book is one that I love to flip through every now and then to come up with ideas for putting an outfit together.

Where do you find your best or constant source of fashion inspiration? How do you stay chic in chilly weather?






Outfit Details:
Silk striped dress- Forever 21 (similar style here, here, here on sale, and a sexy number here)
Black knit tights- ???
Clear beaded bracelet- J Crew outlet (similar available here)
Black boots- DV by Dolce Vita (same brand, similar vibe on sale here)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that dress is so much fun! I love all your pictures, too! The shift style and bold black and white definitely has a mod feel to it. As for my source of inspiration? Other bloggers! And occasionally, some of my favorite celebrities and movies. Have you seen Music and Lyrics? It's a super cheesy Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore movie, but I LOVE the way Drew's character dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover