Thursday, August 25, 2011

OOTD-Fancy Up the Day




I thought I would tackle another difficult cardigan and break out this little flowered number. The floral print and neckline make it a challenge, but I just had to get it that one day in Last Call because it was something different and it was from Marc Jacobs. How could I say no thanks to one of my favorite designers? Instead of going the regular cardigan route, I thought I would make it more of a top instead. It worked perfectly.

Did you guys see my new arm bling?? This is definitely not my standard simple bracelet but I was inspired to buy it after seeing a picture in a magazine of a model wearing a lady-like outfit complete with high leather gloves and two fabulous diamond bracelets that were nothing but bling. It was all very Mad Men-esque mixed with a lady who wears nothing less than diamonds. That's certainly not for my everyday life, but a girl can dream a little.

Do you love that we live in a more casual dress society or do you ever wish people would dress up more often like in the olden days?


Outfit Details:
Floral print cardigan- Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar here)
Gray pants- Madewell (similar here)
Rhinestone flower bracelet- Forever 21 (available here)
Lavender studded handbag- Spotted Moth (available here)
Purple suede bow heels- Milk & Honey (inspired by this designer pair)

4 comments:

  1. i like to dress up,it just makes me feel better.
    most of the time i feel overdressed.the area where i live is very casual and since i am awlays in heels(i am 5f 2") already makes me stand out.
    i have gotten used to it.
    like your outfit as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP! Your shoes are fab. The bow is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks so much!! The bow is probably my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ina, I love that you take pride in your appearance and dress to please yourself even if others are not quite as dressed up as you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover