Wednesday, October 12, 2011

OOTD-Sheer Fall Goodness




With a day off and 80 degree weather on Monday, I was feeling great; so the fiance and I headed down to the Taste of D.C. to stuff ourselves silly with lots of restaurant samplings. Ethiopian tibs, fried oreos and a parmesan corn on the cob is definitely an interesting mix, but I enjoyed every bite.

Since the weather was so warm, I thought it was absolutely perfect for getting some wear time with this skirt. I haven't worn it since last year (see post here) and although it is such a difficult piece for me to style, I still love it and hesitate to ever get rid of it. To keep it from looking so summery, I decided to ground it with some darker colors like navy and burgundy. I love the ending result. Now if I could find a way to make it work in winter, I might have to break out in dance. The running man would make a great celebratory pick for working fashion magic! :)

What's one item hanging in your closet that you just love but don't wear?


Outfit Details:
Navy "daylong" tee- J. Crew (on sale here)
Sheer pleated skirt- California Girl (pretty alternative here, here and here)
Anchor belt- Madewell
Spike necklace- Forever 21 (similar look here)
Burgundy handbag- Marc by Marc Jacobs "Natasha" (available here)
Sunglasses- House of  Harlow "Charlotte" (available here and here in a taupe color)
Sandals- Loeffler Randall "Lila" (on sale here)

5 comments:

  1. That is a great skirt. Don't get rid of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love pink with navy,i should wear this combination more often.
    i tend to always wear black with color,but navy is softer.
    have you tried hunter rainboots?any opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ina, I have honestly never tried Hunter rain boots other than looking at them in the store. I think you really can't go wrong with a pair of Hunters though because they come in all kinds of colors, they are certainly popular for a reason and its a company that has been around for tons of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm definitely going to hold on to it, especially since I figured out an outfit to wear it in winter!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover