Monday, January 9, 2012

OOTD- Over and Under






We are only a few weeks into the new year and I'm well on my way with tackling my fashion resolutions of getting in more prints. This sweater must have known what it takes to get me interested, pretty colors and cozy softness; I headed right to the register and felt determined to make it work in my wardrobe. But you see, the problem is that this is the only tunic length top that I have and I know the "ideal" pairing with a tunic is leggings and my poor selection of leggings are delegated as loungewear. And so I decided to just go on and add even more color with one of my favorite thrift finds to date, this lovely purple number. Ah, color just might help me make it through this winter after all....let's hope I'm feeling this way once the end of February hits and I'm jonesing for spring to get here.

Are you making it okay through the winter already, or do you want spring to get here soon? And seriously, is all of these resort wear collections in the store making anyone else sad to not be on a tropical getaway right about now?

 
Outfit Details:
Tunic top- Forever 21 (similar vibe here and here)
Purple skirt- thrifted (similar here)
Black belt- J. Crew
Black ankle boots- (consignment find) LOFT 
Bracelets (top to bottom)- BaubleBar (available here), J. Crew, Forever 21 (similar style here)

5 comments:

  1. Boots - hand them over, lady, I loves them! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the purple dress is adorable! love the color on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I can't!! They're new!! However, I did find a pretty similar pair for you: http://www.6pm.com/mia-nanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie! Purple is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the prints on your tunic top

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover