Friday, March 2, 2012

Let's Talk About All Those Patterns

How adventurous do you get with your denim? Do you experiment with different styles, maybe try a new wash? I remember many, many years ago when dark or light were the most challenging options, but these days are a whole new story. There's skinny, flared, straight legs; all kinds of patterns and colors that pretty much run the whole color wheel spectrum. I mean just look at what I've been taking into the dressing room lately:

Clockwise from left (J Brand, Old Navy, ASOS)

Whether you are all for this trend or extremely hesitant to go into the world of printed bottoms, I want to encourage you to just give it a try. Fashion is all about experimentation and having fun and these jeans are a lot more versatile than you think. Let them be the star of the show and you can easily pull colors from the pattern (if it is on the louder side) to match other items in your outfit.



Pretty Polka Dot
Zig-Zag Lady
Paint Splatter




Is this trend right up your alley or a out of your comfort zone?
I will definitely be trying this because I'm a bit bored with my current denim selection. Don't be surprised if you see me wearing one of these very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover