Friday, August 3, 2012

OOTD- On a Safari


I hope you guys have a fabulous weekend. I will be going on a safari this weekend. You see I already have the vest, my hat is waiting nearby, there's an SUV ready to go (nevermind that it isn't mine, minor details) and I have reading material ready. Now I just need a flight to maybe Kenya, some rugged boots and time off.
Actually, my weekend will more likely involve this:




My honey and I went to Ikea last Sunday, I spotted this little baby and he was wonderful enough to buy it for me. I've been thinking about getting a sewing machine for awhile, but with a lack of proper space and a fear of it sitting going unused, I put it off for another day. Not anymore!! So hopefully, I will be victorious in producing a skirt that is wearable by the time the weekend comes to an end. It might have some stitching that isn't exactly in a straight line, but if I can put it on and not be embarrassed by the results, I'll be a happy camper. :)

Do you  have any exciting weekend plans? Do you sew or think about sewing your own clothes?


Outfit Details:
Vest- Old Navy (this year's version here)
Chambray shirt- J.Crew outlet (alternative here, cool alternative here, polka dot option here)
Lilac skirt- Forever 21 (dark purple alternative here)
Colorblock flats- Shoemint (cute wedge alternative here, flat alternative here)
Brown belt- thrifted
Brown quilted handbag- Rebecca Minkoff "Quilted Affair" (similar here and here)

Get your own sewing machine here, mini version here, regular size version here

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on scoring a sewing machine - but what, you got it at Ikea? They sell sewing machines?
    I tried my hand at sewing back in high school/college. I ended up with some pretty horrid stretchy pencil skirts. Who knew that once I could pick any fabric I wanted to, I could not make up my mind? And sewing on zippers? That didn't work out for me ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, can you believe I found it at Ikea of all places and it works, lol.
    Lisa, you're scaring me. My sewing skills are minimal but there are lots I need to learn including zippers. Lots of practice is in my future because my first attempt at a skirt was interesting to say the least. And I totally agree that the fabric choices are positively overwhelming at times. But that's part of the fun. It can be anything you like.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover