Saturday, September 11, 2010

In a New York State of Mind at the IFB Conference

After waking up at an ungodly hour on Thursday, I trekked up to New York to attend the IFB Evolving Influence fashion blogger conference at the Hudson Hotel. I didn't need any convincing to go and it was an extremely informative and fun event. I met some great bloggers, including some that I only know through the computer screen. I want to share a few pictures from the event.




Gala Darling was so adorable in her outfit, a funny speaker and has the cutest accent.


Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere is one of my daily reads and looks just as lovely in person.



Delmy of Fashion Bananas is just as glamorous in person, so friendly and super tall!

I snuck in some time out on the streets to take in the sights and sounds of one of my favorite cities and didn't realize how close I was to where the real deal action was taking place.


Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center!!!!!!


I'm 98% sure that this is Kelly Bensimmon from the Real Housewives of NY!!!


One of my favorite things is to people watch and I was in awe of the sky high Louboutin's this lady was wearing. She's my idol because sometimes 3.5 inches is a bit much for me. :)




I'm already planning my next trip back and I think I'm going to center it around this:

Were you able to attend the conference? Are you a lover of New York City?

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!!!!!!! so jealous. I really wish I could have gone. The timing was just too close to my move. Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that Delmy was tall. Great pics, thanks for sharing!

    xoxo,
    Eboni Ife'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I've been to NY once and it wasn't during Fashion Week. I hope to go in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great seeing you in person!! And I agree, definitely many informative things and certainly inspiring. So happy I went! Hopefully you had a easy ride home.

    PS: love the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! My school was right next door to Lincoln Center -- I'm sure the students attending now are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, how did we miss eachother!? It looks like you were sitting on the other end of the room, but still! Bummer! I was totally looking for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ife- Sorry you missed it, you should definitely try and make it to the next one. It would be a great chance to meet some wonderful bloggers. I didn't really know how tall Delmy was, but it surprised me. She was like an amazon. :)

    @ Gigi- I love going to CA, just as much as NYC. It's nice to get a change of scenery and pace sometimes.

    @ Helena- Yes, I was very glad that I met you (although briefly) at the conference. My ride home was filled with lots of sleep, lol.

    @ Dee- I think I walked right past your school. I can't recall the name right now, but I remember two on my walk up in that area. If I was a student there, I would be camped out on those Lincoln Center steps.

    @ Fashion Butter- I don't know how me missed each other. :( I think I was on the other end of the room (judging from where it sounded like your question was coming from in the audience). I'm glad you had a safe trip and did get to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so great seeing you in person!! And I agree, definitely many informative things and certainly inspiring. So happy I went! Hopefully you had a easy ride home.

    PS: love the new header.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover