Tuesday, August 16, 2011

OOTD- Soft and Neutral Don't Equal Boring






 Meet my neighbor, y'all!!!

With the temperatures dipping into a "cool" 80 degree range, I thought it would be safe to wear a blazer. This tan blazer, with one of my absolute favorite linings, was the perfect color to create an outfit of soft tones. You all know how much I love myself some color, so this was a new experiment for me and I have to say I love it. Now I'll be on the lookout for tans, taupes and bone colored items to add a new element to my wardrobe. But that definitely doesn't mean I'll stop loving my hot pink shoes or my red bag.

Is there a color that you usually avoid, but want to try?


Outfit Details:
Tan blazer and sheer snake-print tank- Forever 21 (similar blazer here, similar tank here)
Pink capri pants and belt- J. Crew (pants in other colors available here on sale) (similar belt here)
Tan platform heels- Miu Miu
Tan handbag- Rebecca Minkoff MAM (similar here)

5 comments:

  1. Love the neutrals and the pattern top. you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the lightweight layering here - and I can't wait until it is cool enough in my neck of the woods for some blazer action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally right, soft and neutral does not always have to be boring! Love this outfit and I am just one of those people who don't have many coloured bottoms and I should take cues from you! Love the pants as well as the RM bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not boring at all. I love the layering in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover