Monday, September 5, 2011

OOTD- Laboring through the Day




I hope you guys took some time out to enjoy the long weekend. I sure did with a co-workers barbecue, some time at the mall and catching up on a few stores. If only every weekend could be a long weekend. :)

Since this holiday usually symbolizes the end of summer, I continued to work through some of my neglected wardrobe and pulled out this skirt from the depths of my drawers. It hasn't seen the light of the summer sun since last year and part of the reason is the print. I can't resist a fun print and these turtles were just too cute, but it can be tricky not to look like a five year-old while wearing it. I think the stripes worked well with the lines of the skirt and added interest to the top half. Hopefully, no one would mistake me for having my first day of school tomorrow.

What are looking forward to now that fall is on its way?

Outfit Details:
Orange stripe out tee and turtle skirt- J. Crew (tee available here)
Olive wedges- Madewell (on sale here)
Brown belt- H&M (old)
Bracelets- courtesy of Rosa of Rosa Loves
Timex leopard watch- Nordstrom (available here)
Crystal necklace- LOFT
Handbag- Rebecca Minkoff MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover