Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Notes from the Dressing Room- Top Party at J. Crew

I'm back in the store again. I just can't quit you J. Crew!! I spent some time at the mall recently and ended up at J. Crew where I tried on a few tops. Here is small review:



Glimmer Long-Sleeve Tee in Dark Khaki, on sale $69.50, available here

Sparkles!!! I have one sequin top in my closet (that I have yet to break out) and I feel like I need more. This top fits the bill. I love it!! I can see it spicing up a pair of jeans, it could pair nicely with something fancier and could even be work wear if paired with the right things. I would wear it everyday. The fit is tts and it comes in two other colors (black and blue). I give this a thumbs up even though I can imagine this losing a few sequins at some point.


Blythe Blouse in Silk Pebble Dot, $128, available here

Silk you say? Blouse, really? I tried this one and immediately had visions of a pajama top. I'm sure the color created that image. I was also a little surprised to find that it was silk because it honestly felt a bit polyester-ish to me. I do love the dotted print and it skims the body nicely. I think it would look nice under a blazer, but I still can't help but wonder if it comes with a matching bottom pant. A nice top, but don't think it is quite worth the full price.



Heart Me Sweater in Acorn Black, $88, available here
This sweater hasn't been getting the best reviews and I sadly have to add to that chorus. The sweater looked  really cute online and sitting on the table in the store, but it just wasn't quite there. The material already looked pill-y in the store, the fabric is thin and I didn't notice this at first glance, but the heart is not symmetrical. I think that looks a bit weird. The fit is tts and it does come in other colors (red and navy). I'm sure the heart will appeal to many, but I don't think it is worth the full price.



Honeycomb Cable Sweater in Dark Poppy, $79.50, available here

I came to the realization that red is severely lacking in my wardrobe and after seeing this picture in the recent J. Crew catalog, I was even more determined to add some to my closet:


Red on red on red, I love it!! This sweater is a beautiful, bright red color and it has a really great texture. I love the extra detail at the shoulder too. The fit is tts and it comes in a million other colors. I would say this is one of the better sweaters that I've tried on this season, at least look-wise as the fabric isn't particularly soft and cozy. I put it on my wishlist, but ended up finding a red sweater at Old Navy instead. Hey, I can't beat a price of about $10. That gives me a few extra bucks for that whopper of a necklace. 

What do you have your eye on in the store?

20 comments:

  1. i had my eye on the sequin top too,but like you i have one other one that i only wore once.but i still want more..............
    right now i want everything in camel or orange.
    i have one red sweater and it is more versatile than i thought.
    could you post a close-up picture of the crystal brulee neclace? TIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jcrewismyfavstore.blogspot.comNovember 22, 2011 at 10:22 AM

    I love the bubble necklace!!! Like you, I've been trying to add red and other pops of color to my wardrobe. Thanks for these reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sequin top is gorgeous on you! I loved the color of the dot Blythe but like you I felt like I was wearing a pajama top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that red on red catalog shot too. Thanks for the tip about Old Navy and thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not much of a J Crew girl, not sure why? I always love everything other people are wearing or feature..its just not my "go to" LOVE LOVE LOVE that sequin shirt. ....perfect for the holidays.
    Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that sequin top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it definitely seems to be a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carly, I can understand as there are stores out there that I feel the same way about.
    I hope you have a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely check Old Navy, they have a million different kinds of sweaters and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed the reviews. I would love to compare notes on what good red items are out there. I think I need lots more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ina, good luck on the camel and orange search. I've been trying to find good camel colored items too and have only found a coat. I think shoes are next on the list.
    I wore the crystal brulee necklace today, so keep an eye out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay...I am seriously considering grabbing that sequin tee!!! So fab:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should, it is a fabulous piece (plus it's on sale).

    ReplyDelete
  14. you just reviewed all of my favorite pieces of the season (or at least the ones I was pining after). I agree with you about the heart sweater's fabric, I was unimpressed. I love the design though so I will hope to snag it on sale (which I am doing right now, with the sequin tee!) thanks for your help with sizing, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad I found your blog today. I was on the edge about the sequined tee and blue silk shirt. Ordered tee, nixed the shirt. Thanks for trying them on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are able to snag the heart sweater on sale. I've seen other bloggers out there wearing it and it would look totally cute on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy you stopped by. :)
    You enjoy that sequin tee and I'm sure it will look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover