Monday, November 21, 2011

Notes from the Dressing Room-A Trifecta

A few weeks ago, I headed to the mall for a little retail therapy and had the chance to try on a few items from one of my favorite designers, Rachel Roy. Whether it is for her ready-to-wear line or her diffusion line at Macy's, there is always a perfect mix of color, pattern and interesting details that I can't help but love. Here are a few items for review:


Roxanna Top, $99, available here


I'm not much for off the shoulder tops because of the whole bra strap issue, but this little number was perfect because it is both off the shoulder and still has straps. I loved all of the colors in it and the flow of this top and I think it is extremely versatile in that it can work for the office with a blazer or cardi and if you need to go out after work, you just throw that topper off and this is ready to party. This gets a thumbs up! Fit is about tts, but you could size down for a fitter look.



The Crush Dress, $129, available here


There is that print again although now in skirt form. This dress is adorable with the flirty pleated skirt action and the draped top with a cute flower on the shoulder. I think this dress would be perfect for any of the festive activities going on for the rest of the year. Fit is tts. My only complaints about this one is that the drape might be a little too low for some modest ladies out there, the waist detail might look better if it started further down and if you are tall, this one might not be the one for you as it is kind of short.



Liza dress, $120, available here

There were sequins involved, how could I not try this one on!! This navy dress is also a perfect buy for any upcoming holiday events, a fun night out and definitely for a New Year's celebration. This is a shift dress so don't expect too much shape. I tried it on a size larger, but I would say it is tts. I just know I'm not the type to like clingy clothing, so sizing will depend on whether you want some va-va-voom or not. The sequins are attached to a netting that is layered on top of the main body of the dress. Sequins are one of those iffy wardrobe fabrics because of the high possibility of losing them, but this dress seemed well made and the color is dark enough to camouflage any disappearing sequins.



Shawl Collar Puffer, $179, available here
Do you feel like you are missing color from your coat/jacket selection? If so, this one is for you!! This jacket is a bright, traffic cone kind of orange so this will definitely get you noticed. It has a great wrap shape and fits well (tts). If you live in a cold climate, this is a no-go. This puffer jacket is more for looks than for protecting you against the elements because it is not thick at all. Overall, a nice jacket, but not practical.



Sleeveless Faux Fur Vest, $179, available here



I've been on the hunt for a faux-fur vest for awhile, but it has never been quite right. The bulk, the fit, the length, the color all have to be perfect. This one was high on the list. The "fur" is soft, it has a hook and eye closure for shape, it is not too bulky and I really like how the back makes it look like a regular vest. My only hesitation about it was the price, but it was certainly good enough for my wishlist. Fit is tts.


I hope you see something you like!! Do you have a dress for the holiday season ready? Have you found the perfect faux fur vest or jacket?

If you do see something that has caught your eye, Macy's has several items on sale and Rachel Roy is offering 20% off your order until 11/23. Happy shopping!

11 comments:

  1. That faux vest is just gorgeous! I love faux fur right now.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the faux fur vest. I'm still trying to find the perfect one but also don't want to spend too much $ on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried two faux fur vests and they've both failed - not sure if I just don't know how to work it or if there's still a perfect one out there for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing RR pics. I love some of her pieces. It's great to see them in the blogosphere. I dunno about that vest. It seems for that price you should get fur on the back, too, unless she's doing a faux leather thing on that side. I can't tell. Or maybe it's so you can wear it under an open coat. (shrugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely understand why you would say that. The back has a suede-ish feel to it. I think if it was fur all around, it would be too hot and definitely bulky. I do know this one is one sale at Macy's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there is one out there for you. I always tend to try them on in stores and could never seem to find the right one. I finally found one that I liked after searching months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried one from Vera Wang at Kohls awhile ago and finally decided to get that one after constantly thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you got yourself a nice faux fur vest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo. I love it all, I always love your reviews and want everything that you try on. I especially must have the shimmery dress!

    miranda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, thanks for saying that Miranda. Not that I'm trying to enable but if you don't have a dress already for New Year's, you should totally get the sequin dress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover