Tuesday, March 22, 2011

OOTD-Cool Breeze

Excuse the wrinkle action, I'm working on a cure for that!




Although being an adult means the weekends are usually full of taking care of missed chores and catching up on the ever ending to-do list; I think it's always important to have some fun too. This installation in front of one of DC's museums was perfect for a silly photo session and to get out and enjoy a serious breeze.

This new top from Old Navy is perfect for staying cool even with a beaming sun. Admittedly, Old Navy is just one of those stores that I rarely bother to check out. Sure, they are great for basics, but a lot of times I want something that's more than average and boring (although they made this leather hoodie one year that I still wish I had snagged). Grechen of Grechen's Closet wore this top in one of her recent outfit posts and I knew it would be great to fulfill that wardrobe need for a white blouse. As much as I would love an Equipment blouse, I don't want to invest in one and end up with an inevitable stain down the front. I swear there are magical forces out there in the universe to attract anything with color to white tops and pants.

Outfit Details:
White button-down- Old Navy (available here)
Denim skirt- Citizens of Humanity??
Green jacket- Forever 21 (similar here)
Lilac belt- J Crew
Black peep-toe wedges- Yesstyle.com
Double chain necklace- J Crew (available here)
Black handbag- Foley + Corinna (similar here)

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of a crisp white shirt with denim. This is great on you!! And ps-those shoes are cute - they look like the Rag & Bone's only in black. Neeed!

    Okay-I did the 30 Day Shred workout video last year after watching Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser and trying some of her stuff on Youtube. I'm not a gym person (afraid i'll perish beneath the weight machine) and wanted to tone, lose weight. It totally worked. It's the same time as last year and I need to do it again. So there's at least 5 of us (more now I think) that are going to try and do it together. I need to lose the saddlebags and semi-spare tire that has appeared around my waist. It's 30 minutes a day so totally do-able and I'll prolly do 5x/week. Would love you to jump in and give it a try!!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover