Thursday, May 26, 2011

OOTD- Dressing Up the Curtains





This outfit was from Sunday when I joined in the ritual of dorky paper hats, tons of presents, and lots of oohing and aahing, aka a baby shower. We are getting a new bundle of joy to the family and I couldn't be more excited. The not so exciting part was trying to figure out what to wear. Occasion dressing is always a little panic inducing. Rarely are there moments when the perfect outfit is hanging in the closet just waiting. Since I wasn't headed to a fancy affair, I figured a little casual with a little dressy would be a good medium. So I threw on my grandma shorts, a new tank and the piece that can dress up most things, a blazer. I also added in my new bag, which was jokingly referred to as my overnight bag. Fashion life-tip: Pay attention to measurements!!!

Do you have a go-to dressy outfit or do you do the last minute scramble??


Outfit Details:
Striped tank and anchor belt- Madewell (tank on sale here)
Flower print shorts- Angie (Loehmann's)
Blazer- Priorities
Tan sandals- Belle by Sigerson Morrison
Studded lilac bag- Spotted Moth (available here)
Sunglasses- Ray-Ban
Bracelets- Accessories & Beyond, Forever 21, Target

2 comments:

  1. you're right...a blazer always brings an otherwise casual outfit to a dressier level. that belt is so cute. will have to keep it in mind when it goes on sale. :)

    kimchi girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it so much!

    I really can't stand occasion dressing, I never have the right outfit. You pulled it off well!

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover