Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back to Reality....Soon

My honey and I spent a nice, long weekend in Ft. Lauderdale and sadly our fun in the sun has come to an end. Oh, how I cried to leave this view behind:

Seriously, I can still feel that breeze!!

Now, I don't know about you guys, but airport dressing is a bit of a stressful fashion occasion. How do you stay chic, feel comfortable and not be a hot mess when you reach your destination? It seems like celebrities don't have quite the same issue:



So I took a page from their book and just kept it simple.



A simple maxi dress for the hot weather, mixed with a blazer for the cool airplane temps equaled easy peasy, ready for a getaway. I added some dangly earrings for interest and although this outfit is a little too simple for my liking, a leopard belt was added later because no outfit is complete without some rowr.


What's your airport dressing formula? Do you find dressing for a vacation stressful?



Outfit Details:
White blazer and orange maxi dress- Forever 21 (pretty dress alternative here, short and tiered alternative here, plus size alternative here) (similar blazer here and here, alternative here)
Brown wedges- Dolce Vita for Target (on sale here)
"Desert Sand" earrings- JewelMint (sold out, but check out JewelMint if you haven't already)

6 comments:

  1. Oh that last picture of you is fab! Love the maxi with the white blazer.

    I usually wear what's comfy. Depending on the vacation destination it could be stressful. Europe trips (and hopefully one will happen next year) are a little more stressful especially with the whole weight limit thing and one bag per person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color of the dress. Very pretty.

    For the airport I stick with simple layers and wear my heaviest shoes on the plane.

    I don't find vacation packing stressful. I decide on a color theme before I start and pack versatile items within that pallete that will photograph well. I'm up because I'm packing for my vacation now. I leave in 8 hours :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Of the Comely- Sounds like you are quite a smart packer. I thought about doing a color scheme so that I could mix and match, but there were just certain outfits I wanted to wear.
    Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Of the Comely- Sounds like you are quite a smart packer. I thought about doing a color scheme so that I could mix and match, but there were just certain outfits I wanted to wear.
    Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover