Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blogger's Do It Better- Lady in Red

Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope it is filled with love and maybe some yummy chocolate.






Pretty Shiny Sparkly is hosting another blogger's challenge and this time around it is all about the color red. Besides some lipstick, nail polish and a pair of socks, red is pretty scarce in my wardrobe. I can count on two fingers the items in my closet that boast the bold shade. So I guess that made this challenge less difficult for me. Hey, a bright side! Red, black and white, such a classic pairing and you just can't go wrong with classic, but to keep it from being a little stale I just couldn't resist one more pencil skirt. You would think I was sick of them after wearing nothing but pencil skirts last week, but this one is just too fun not to get out of the closet. My one and only DvF piece that I got for a steal at a local consignment shop was just what this outfit ordered. Oh, and a little bling-bling didn't hurt!

Are you into holiday color-themed dressing? Would I spot you in pink or red this Valentine's Day?


Outfit Details:
Red shirt- gift (thanks Linda!) (nice alternative here)
Black blazer- thrifted
Zebra print knit skirt- (consignment find) Diane von Furstenburg
Black handbag- Foley + Corinna (same bag in a different size here)
Burgundy fedora- Albertus Swanepoel for J. Crew (popped back on the website here, similar here on sale)
Tan ankle booties- Madewell
Round crystal necklace- J. Crew (available here)
Square crystal necklace- BaubleBar (similar here)

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that skirt! What an awesome consignment find. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing find on that skirt! Love those necklaces, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt! that's such a great find! cute outfit!
    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog by participating in the recent BDIB challenge Love how you styled your red. Cute blog!! Please visit mine if you get a chance. Have a wonderful day!!

    Tiffany
    http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great BDIB look. I love the necklaces so much.

    tia-cherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your jewelleries :)


    Fashion Rehab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adoring the color of those ankle boots!! They go perfectly with this outfit!!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a classy and sophisticated look. Love the hat.

    Patience
    Invitation to participate in Giveaway to win a J-Crew Bracelet and Zara Clutch worth $260:
    J-Crew Bracelet and Zara Clutch Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfit and especially your hat, eh. :)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@embroidery digitising

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover