Wednesday, April 4, 2012

OOTD- The High Low Project





I love the look of high-low hemlines on dresses and tops, but I've found it quite difficult to style this dress. Maybe it's the color or the long-sleeves, but it can be easy to toe the line of looking chic or looking witchy. Inspired by a look on Pinterest featuring a black dress with a denim vest (and I've been trying to hunt down a good one but to no avail. I've considered cutting the sleeves off this jacket, but I think I might regret it), I added my denim jacket and a few other fun accessories for what I hope was a more casual-comfy-chic look. This dress just might live to see more days in my closet.

If you buy something that just isn't quite working for you, do you give it away or try to work with it?

Outfit Details:
Black high-low hem dress- Mark and Estel (similar here, here in a tank version, here in other colors and cute plus-size option available here)
Denim jacket- Gap (similar here and here)
Tan sandals- LOFT (available here)
Burgundy hat- Albertus Swanepoel for J. Crew
Crystal necklace- BaubleBar (similar here and here in color)
Black shades- House of Harlow 1960 (similar here)
Chain necklace- gift
Black and white handbag- vj-style.com (similar here, cute colorblocking option here)

2 comments:

  1. TheKimmieChroniclesApril 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM

    I like how simple the palette is while paying attention to texture and details. The hat looks amazing on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lip color looks amazing

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover