Friday, June 1, 2012

OOTD- Bunhead





I've always admired the skill and beauty of a ballet dancer, partially because my body (especially my flexibility) would never allow me to achieve even an ounce of that much gracefulness. My second grade self did take ballet for a semester in school, yet the only things I've managed to retain are how to position my feet into first, second and third position. So to make up for all of the other lessons I lost over the years, I've managed to hang on to making a mean bun. And even better that it's perfect for the crazy hot summer weather. I'll be spending my summer working on making this the biggest most messiest most perfect bun ever and maybe even work on a second career in the NYC ballet. Okay, that last part probably won't happen, but a young girl can dream, right?

What did you want to be when you were in elementary school? Is it drastically different from what you do as an adult?


Outfit Details:
Black drawstring dress- Madewell (same dress in stripes here, similar here)
Neon necklace- diy Charlotte Russe (similar here, similar here)
Striped handbag- Rebecca Minkoff (same bag here in navy/white)
Giraffe bracelet- Forever 21 (similar here and here)
Tan boat shoes- Target (similar here, similar here with sequins)



9 comments:

  1. TheKimmieChroniclesJune 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

    I love buns. They can be versatile for any occasion. Love this relaxed style of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great bun! i've been practising doing a clean sock bun, but i still have more practising to do! you look fantastic!!! xox P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bun. You must do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great with your hair up. Love the bun.
    Great comfy look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lilly! This was definitely a perfect comfy outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I will definitely do it again. I'm thinking I should add some hair to make it even more massive, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kimmie! I definitely agree about how versatile a bun can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeeeeees to that bun! It looks fabulous on you. I don't think I've ever seen you wear your hair up. It's a good look!

    love the dress, too! and the necklace, but you knew that already.

    ummm my 2nd grade self was a ballet dance, a gymnast, and an artist (like that one guy who used to paint on PBS with the blonde fro?) I am none of these things at 30 *sigh*

    p.s. you should totally get the Indique fishnet clip-in. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally remember the artist with the 'fro, lol. And there's no reason that you still can't do it now at 30!!

    I'm definitely going to look into those clip-ins because I like how they came out on you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover