Thursday, June 7, 2012

OOTD- Shifting Green





There are a handful of items in my closet that have never seen the light of day. So to curb the gotta buy cute new stuff mentality, I've been ripping a few tags off and showing some love to things that have previously been subjected to the confines of my closet. I'd like to introduce my green dress that was bought months ago. I can't believe how long it's taken me to put this one on considering I tried this on around the beginning of the year, loved it but didn't purchase. Lo and behold there was just one on the rack when I headed into the store while there was an extra 40 or 50% off all sale items. There was no way I wasn't going to take it home then.

Oh, and that lovely beauty hanging from my arm is new too. And its purchase means I am officially on a serious bag ban and a restricted clothing budget. This is going to be an interesting exercise that's for a good cause (more savings, moving into a bigger place), but is sure to test my restraint and limits. I'm going to need some positive reinforcement and mantras to make it. I need all the strength in the world to get me through all the summer sales, J. Crew new arrival temptation and daily emails from a million different vendors. Man, it sure would be simpler to wear a uniform like back in my junion high days. I hated then, but it would certainly come in handy right about now.


What helps you stay focused on your goals when you restrict or eliminate the things you might normally like to do?


Outfit Details:
Green shift dress- Ann Taylor (lime green alternative here that comes in two other colors, sleeveless alternative here and here)
Chain necklace- Target
Black sandals- old LOFT (alternative here)
Handbag- Proenza Schouler (spring/summer alternative from same designer here on sale, alternative here, shopper tote alternative here)

18 comments:

  1. Love the look and love how your lip color pops against the green. I have a ton of stuff in my closet too that need to be worn.
    K at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to wear green more often--it looks amazing on you! And the lipstick you're wearing is the perfect complement. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis green is your color! Gorgeous dress!!!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com


    Julie Nolan Astrological Jewelry Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. NaturallyFashionableJune 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM

    Love the color of this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, I sent you an email about 2 weeks ago. I know exactly what you're talking about. I just got my Discover bill today (from my month long birthday celebration). All I can do is shake my head. I guess it's Ramen noodles and Vienna sausages for me for the next 6 months. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JcrewismyfavstoreJune 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

    I totally agree with AppGal, you should wear more green. This color is super cute on you! I love this dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoooo when did you acquire this PS bag!!!!
    The mint green colour looks great on you btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can usually only stay focused when I have something I am aiming for like a holiday! Love the green on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again - your entire outfit. I want it. That dress is minimalist and gorgeous! And that bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute outfit, the sandals and bag are perfect!
    www.beautejadore.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and I am so glad I did. What a gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, just found your blog (through SimplyChic). Great dress and ADORABLE sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks and I'm so glad to have you stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I'm glad that you found my blog and that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is actually one of my favorites on you ..the color and shape is very flattering for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover