Tuesday, October 16, 2012

OOTD- Mom, Let Me Borrow Your Jeans






Omg, I'm wearing my mom's jeans! Okay, that isn't true, but I snatched up these boyfriend jeans from Madewell last week partially because I've been dying to try this style and most definitely because they were about $15. When I was in the dressing room, I had the fleeting thought that I was probably wearing mom jeans, but that price seduced me and I thought what the heck, I'll rock them the best I can without looking like a style disaster. In my mind, this would look way cooler with a spiky pair of Christian Louboutin heels and a leather jacket, but a girl has to work with what's in her real closet. Even if it isn't filled with bad ass shoes. Oh well, maybe in my next lifetime, I'll be that girl who can manage in 4-5 inch stilettos. In the meantime, I'll be wearing shoes that don't have me dying to kick them off after a few hours. You guys, I'm totally turning into my mother! I'll blame it on the jeans.

Outfit Details:
Striped blouse- Old Navy (same top in different colorway and limited sizes here and different stripe top available here)
Cardigan- old J. Crew
Boyfriend jeans and ankle boots- Madewell (available here, similar jeans here on sale, darker wash available here) (cute boot alternative here, here and here)
Patent leopard belt- J. Crew Factory (alternative here)
Handbag- Rebecca Minkoff MAC (cool alternative here and  here by same designer)


Get The Look:

4 comments:

  1. There's nothing better or more comfy than a nice relaxed pair of jeans. To have ones that you can dress up or down, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! Chic and casual, bonus that it's comfy too:) I found a rebecca minkoff bag at my TJ Maxx but the strap was missing, boo:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristi! I'm all for comfy and chic clothing.
    Oh, you should have totally picked up that RM bag! I've seen people selling straps on Bonanza and Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree! I can't wait to wear these again and I'm brainstorming a dressier outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover