Monday, October 22, 2012

OOTD- A Part of the Tribe




Layers, how I've missed you!! This is one of the reasons why I love Fall so much, no need for a jacket/coat, just some nicely thought out pieces to layer and you're good to go. I couldn't resist getting this dress when it popped up for sale at StyleMint. The print was totally my style and I just loved the colors (darks with a pop of color). Surely, it could stand on its own, but I was itching to mix things up a bit and added a touch more pattern and relished in the fact that the weather was perfect and wore boots sans tights.

I hope you guys had a great weekend! Between getting a teapot and having a cup of tea outside for breakfast, scoring a few goodies at Target and Last Call Neiman Marcus and watching (some of) the game with my guy and having him explain what a punt is while I totally didn't get it, I could say there were some enjoyable moments. Sometimes, it's the simple things.

What fun things did you get into this weekend?

Outfit Details:
Chambray shirt- J.Crew Factory (alternative here and here in polka dots)
Aztec print dress- StyleMint "Vaneza" (available here, alternative here and here)
Pink studded belt- old Mathew Williamson for H&M
Black buckle boots- ebay find Loeffler Randall (alternative here)
Black quilted handbag- thrifted (similar here, cool alternative here, larger alternative here)
Blue leopard scarf- via South Moon Under (pretty alternative here)

5 comments:

  1. YES I found a way to post comment here now YAY! :) (I have to log in using goggle chrome lo)
    I love layering too. I am jealous you still get to be bare legged! I have to turn on the fireplace already yesterday because it was just way too cold!
    Speaking of layering, do you think a thin cotton denim shirt is still something I should acquire? I thought about it but never bought it and now it's just too cold to justify such purchase haha.


    http://kiwifashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. fall and layers are just perfect together! hope you had a great weekend too!! xox



    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! They were a nice score from Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you figured it out because I am not particularly tech savvy.
    I say you should totally get a denim shirt. I didn't want one when they really hit the market because I didn't see the need for it, but my chambray shirt has been a great piece to have and I love wearing it. It can dress down fancy items and works great with casual items. And even if the weather is cold for you now, you can still get one and layer it. So I say yes!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover