Monday, December 13, 2010

OOTD- Tardy for the Party (But Looking Good)

Did you all have a great weekend? I got the weekend started at my company's holiday party on Friday. A fancy-schmancy affair at one of the area's museums; a fun time was had by all (and some more than others, judging by the dancing going on the dance floor).

Getting dressed for formal affairs is always a bit nerve-wracking for me. The selection of dresses in my closet is severely lacking. To keep the stress at a minimum this year, I decided to Rent the Runway again (see this post for first experience). It took forever to decide on a dress, but I went with a black number from Shoshanna. I love Shoshanna, she knows how to make a lovely dress and this was no exception. I picked my dress, told them when I wanted it to arrive, it came right on time in its garment bag and I had my dress for the party. If you ever decide to try Rent the Runway keep in mind that they charge shipping and a $5 insurance fee and you should take advantage of the offer to send a second size for free. One thing is for sure, the selection can't be beat. I was so close to going all out with a gold mini from Halston Heritage or a gorgeous Rachel Roy dress, but with Christmas gifts to still left to buy, my money had other plans.

A little lace, my pearls, some shimmering heels and I was out the door!! Okay, I was at least 30 minutes behind schedule, but I was fashionably late.




Me and my dapper looking honey!!


My ankle boots had a gold trim and a studded looking heel.

My new JewelMint bracelets!!! Love them!!!

Outfit Details:
Lace dress- Shoshanna (available here or you can rent it here)
Black suede booties (on sale in size 9 here)
Pearls- Marc by Marc Jacobs
Gold mesh and crystal bracelets- JewelMint (available here)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Great dress! I'm glad you've had good experiences with RTR...I definitely need to give them a try some time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, great minds DO think alike! You're right in that we're both rocking the black lace, haha! I love the shift shape of yours, though! It is beautiful! Those shoes are amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosa!!

    Kelly, they are offering a 30% off discount with code PSW30OFF. Just in case you need a dress for some nice New Year's Eve affair. :)

    Thanks Amy!! I saw your dress and had to smile at the how similar our dresses were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the black dress, very nice. the holiday christmas party looks awesome soo do you and your honey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a delayed comment, but I am a new follower...I rented the SAME dress for a holiday party and got so many compliments! We have great taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rosa!!

    Kelly, they are offering a 30% off discount with code PSW30OFF. Just in case you need a dress for some nice New Year's Eve affair. :)

    Thanks Amy!! I saw your dress and had to smile at the how similar our dresses were.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts after the beep....beep. I love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover